Our Membership Application Form can be found at the bottom of this page.
The St. John’s Rod and Gun Club boasts first class facilities and equipment while offering one of the lowest membership fees in North America. With a membership base of well over one thousand members the Club offers a safe, controlled environment to enjoy firearms and partake in the shooting sports!
|Standard Membership (19 years of age and over)||$100||$300|
|Junior Membership (up to 18 years of age) **more info below.||$30||No longer available|
|Family: Standard Member + spouse/partner only *more info below.||$130||$390|
|Please Note: Our membership year runs from March 1st to February 28th (or February 29th in the event of a leap year). In an effort to keep membership fees low for members and still maintain the facility that we have, the Club DOES NOT pro-rate membership fees for mid-season or late joining. Membership fees ARE NOT refundable once processed.|
Requirements for joining:
- You must mail a fully completed application form along with appropriate payment.
- Application form must be signed.
- Applicant must provide ONE of the following Items:
- A valid firearms license (PAL) number; or
- A current Certificate of Good Conduct from the RNC / RCMP; or
- Be Sponsored by a current club member.
- All new AND renewing applications are reviewed and must be approved by the Executive each year including 3-year memberships. The Executive reserves the right to refuse membership to any person it deems unsafe or unsuitable as a member of the SJRGC.
- New applicants and applicants whos membership has lapsed 365 days (or one membership season) must complete a Club Facilities Orientation in order to receive their membership card. More information below.
Important reminders regarding Membership, Joining or Renewing:
- A fully completed application, signed & with appropriate payment amount enclosed is required.
- Membership forms MUST be legible & printed clearly.
- Please Note: Applications that are not signed, are illegible, are not fully completed and/or have partial or missing payment cannot be processed and will be mailed back to the applicant.
- There is no deadline for renewing your membership, all current cards expire at the end of February each year, after that date you cannot access club facilities but may send in your renewal at any time during the year. Your membership begins when you receive your new card and expires at the same time as everyone else on February 28/29th.
- Membership fees for late new & renewal memberships are not pro-rated.
- Payment can only be made via Cheque, Money Order or Cash. We do not accept credit cards, debit cards or EMT. The Club does not recommend sending cash via postal mail and cannot accept any responsibility for cash lost in the mail.
- Payments may be made in person at the Annual General Meeting or any regularly scheduled club facilities orientation session.
- *FAMILY Memberships apply only to a Standard member and their spouse (ex. husband, wife, common law partner) and does not apply to any other family relation (ex. son, daughter, cousin, aunt, uncle, etc). All other family members must apply as a standard member on a separate form.
- **Junior Memberships: Junior membership forms must be signed by the legal parent or guardian. Junior members at the club must be supervised at the club by a PAL holder unless registered in the club youth training program or attending an official club event.
- As a member you hereby undertake to read and abide by the Range Operation Instructions and Safety Rules of the St. John’s Rod and Gun Club. The safety rules for rifle/pistol ranges are found here. The safety rules for the shotgun ranges are found here. The archery range safety rules are found here. It is imperative for your safety and safety of others that you read and understand these rules, all infractions will be reviewed by the executive.
- Please allow up to 4 weeks for application processing, approval and return postage. Please keep this in mind when joining, renewing and contacting our volunteers.
- PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD! You must have your current membership card with you at all times you are on any club range. If you loose your card replacement cards are subject to a $15.00 fee.
- Cheques returned by the bank are required to be replaced immediately by the member and are subject to a $20.00 fee to cover NSF fees charged to the club by our bank. Replacement fees must be paid in case, certified cheque, or money order.
- Orientation: New members and members whos membership lapsed 365 days (or one membership season) must complete a Club Facilities Orientation in order to receive their membership card. Please check the schedule below but ALWAYS check the Announcements page for further information such as postponed orientation sessions.
- All orientation sessions are open to the public so you may attend a regularly scheduled session prior to mailing your application.
Orientation Schedule 2019:
|January - n/a||February 17, 2019||March 3, 2019||April 7, 2019|
|May 5, 2019||June 2, 2019||July 7, 2019||August 4, 2019|
|September 8, 2019||October 6, 2019||November 3, 2019||December 1, 2019|
For further FAQ information, please click here to consult our FAQ page.
Note: If you do not have a PDF viewer, please visit the Adobe website to get a copy of Acrobat Reader.